NCLA Membership Benefits
Welcome to the NCLA!
Your Membership is the best way to stay connected to the Northumberland County legal community. As one of our members, you will benefit from a variety of services, while gaining many opportunities to network and participate with your peers in our close knit association of legal professionals.
NCLA Habitat for Humanity Build Day
NCLA Axe Throwing
As a member, you will receive a key card that allows you 24 hour access to the courthouse, law library, and robing rooms. Access to the law library includes:
• Wireless internet connection
• Access to self-serve photocopy, scanner, and fax machine
• Use of reference computers and library databases subscriptions such as WestLaw Next, O'Brien's Forms, vLex, LexisNexis Quicklaw, LexisNexis Practical Guidance, Lexis Nexis Context, RangeFindr, HeinOnline, DivorceMate, and more!
• Caselaw emailed (or faxed) directly to your office, at no cost
• Research and reference services from the Librarian
• Inter-library loan services
Other membership perks include:
• NCLA newsletter and bulletins, along with email notification of current events in the profession and legal community
• Optional current awareness subscriptions, such as Ontario Reports, and Supreme Advocacy
• Free meals at the annual Holiday Social and the Annual General Meeting, and other opportunities to participate in social networking events throughout the year
• Discounted CPD access; presentations of continuing legal educational programs, sponsored by the Law Society of Ontario, the Advocate’s Society, and the Ontario Bar Association, at a significantly discounted cost for NCLA members in good standing
• Inclusion in online membership directory on the NCLA Website Membership Directory